Happy Friday!!! For real, this week has draggggggged like no other… ready to get this pawty started. *new poppin’ champs emoji*
So I’ve gotta say, I’ve been lacking a little motivation on the health front lately. I absolutely go through phases where I’m super into it, and others where I just want to sleep an extra hour and have a bowl of ice cream (which I’m fine with because I’m all about balance). At times it can all feel a little overwhelming trying to do it all; early morning workouts, a million ounces of water a day, no carbs after 3pm… I’m getting stressed out already. I often have to remind myself, though, that if I’m not doing every single “healthy” thing I can, it doesn’t mean I’m failing. I think it’s about baby steps and just doing the best you can.
To help alleviate a little bit of that stress for those of us trying to be a little healthier today, leading into a (quite possibly) overindulgent weekend, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite healthy tips you can implement right now to make up for all the vodka sodas you’re going to drink this weekend/Waffle House you’re going to gorge on… pick your poison ;)
- Switch out your romaine or iceberg lettuce in salads to dark leafy greens like arugula, spinach and kale.
- Swap your daily soda (yes, even diet) with a La Croix or other sparkling water.
- Instead of on a bun, order a burger wrapped in lettuce. You can still enjoy a juicy burger and cut your carbs!
- Never let your water bottle sit empty at your desk. Drink up!
- Potty break squats: Every time you get up to use the restroom, do 10! (If you’re following tip #4 then you’ll squeeze in a lot of these throughout the day…)
- Make homemade salad dressings and marinades instead of the store-bought versions, which often have way too many ingredients in them. I like using a combo of apple cider vinegar, honey or agave, olive oil, sea salt and other seasonings, depending on the flavor I want.
- Instead of calorie-packed creamers and artificial sweeteners, use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and cinnamon in your coffee (more on why you should drink cinnamon in your coffee)
- Eat your “carbier” meals earlier in the day and load up on proteins and veggies for dinner.
- If you’re craving sweets, try fulfilling your craving with one square of dark chocolate. If your craving is still there (which it probably won’t be), just eat the damn brownie – ONE, not three.
Hopefully these little tips help you to have a healthier day! Pick a few to try right now so you can go into the weekend feelin’ goood. TGIF :)