Happy Halloween! If you’re like me, you’re just a littttle too old to be trick or treating. My plans tonight consist of a bottle of wine, Hocus Pocus on the couch, and these stupid-easy dark chocolate sea salt clusters in celebration of this spooky holiday. Seriously, these are the easiest things ever to make, but sooo good and way healthier than your average candy bar.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1c dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1tsp. coconut oil
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Sliced almonds
- Sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted (mine took about 3 tries – make sure you don’t overcook it.)
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate, baking sheet, etc.
- Drop spoonfuls of the melted chocolate onto your parchment paper – you should be able to make about 12 clusters.
- Sprinkle each cluster with a little bit of unsweetened coconut, a few shredded almonds and top with a tiny, tiny bit of sea salt.
- Pop them in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until hardened.
And it’s as simple as that – Enjoy, boys & ghouls!