I’m a big advocate of Pizza Sundays… yes, it’s a thing. I love cozying up with a glass of wine and a cheesy slice (or three) to make the weekend last just a little longer before the sheer terror of Monday sets in. But, let’s be honest, this can be a fattening habit – so I took matters into my own hands.
Y’all know I am not a food blogger by any means, hence the horrible photography (sorry guys, I’m learning) but I don’t try to be – I just want to share any and everything that may help make your life a little easier (or more delicious) – which brings me to this healthier arugula and prosciutto pizza “recipe”*
*Side note: I don’t really follow recipes. This is more like a “throw all these ingredients on a flatbread and roll with it” type thing but who has time for an elaborate meal, anyways?
This meal was actually amazing. And so, so easy to make. We paired ours with freshly made Moscow Mules for a perfect lil’ at-home date night.
- 2 pieces of whole grain naan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 tbsp. pesto (you can make your own or use a store-bought version)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 2c. arugula
- 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Mozzarella cheese (to your liking)
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle each piece of naan with 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Top each with 3 tbsp. of pesto (or more if you’re a big pesto person!)
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then take out.
- Tear 3 slices of prosciutto for each piece of naan and place the pieces on top of the cheese.
- Add more mozzarella to cover the prosciutto.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- While the pizzas are cooking, mix 2 cups of arugula with a pinch of sea salt and the juice from half a lemon.
- Take out of the oven, slice into fours and top with arugula.