I’m the type of girl that, when I’m looking for a recipe, I don’t want to go through your whole life story to get there.
So, let’s get right to it, shall we?
Chocolate Almond Butter Maca Balls
What you need:
- 1/2c oats
- 1/2c almond butter (I’m obsessed with Justin’s vanilla)
- Splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used about 2-3 tbsp.)
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2tbsp. chocolate protein (I used Rootz Chocolate Banana Nut) – Use code “yesgirlblog” for 10% off your order!
- 1tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 2tbsp. flax meal
- 1tbsp. maca powder
- Cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips to your liking
- Toppings: coconut flakes, cacao powder, chia seeds… the possibilities are endless!
- Pulse the oats in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until fully combined. They should be a dough-y texture.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in your favorite topping(s) and store in the fridge!
- If your balls are too dry, then add more almond milk, but don’t overdo it or the mixture will stick to your hands when you try to form them.
- You could also use honey in place of maple syrup if you don’t have it, but I always recommend maple syrup as a better-for-you sweetener.
- I’m currently obsessed with the Rootz Chocolate Banana Nut protein I used in these balls. It’s so good, and made with awesome ingredients. Get 10% off your order with code “yesgirlblog” – I wouldn’t recommend unless I loved it myself, so just do it.
If you’re including these in your weekly snack prep, I’d love to hear how you liked them! Tag me on Instagram at @yesgirlblog. Have a great week, babes!