Another year, and another birthday come and gone – and another year older, ahhh! *Cue the botox* JK… but really.
I had a great birthday this year and got to celebrate with the people I love most. It’s funny how, as we get older, it’s less about the party and the amount of people around you, and more about doing the things you love with the people who love you the most.
For me, that involves a lot of prosecco, a little bit of exercise, too much good food, some creativity (y’all HAVE to try the candle making workshop at Candlefish) and some cake, obviously.
1. Life’s too short; eat the damn pizza.
2. With friendships, here’s my philosophy: quality over quantity.
3. Burpees still suck. Find a workout you like.
4. My parents are actually my favorite humans.
5. When it comes to eating, listen to your body. No one cares if you’re vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, paleo… whatever. Do what works for you.
6. Be kind to people. No one likes a Judgey McJudgerson.
7. A sibling is like a built in best friend – even if you’re polar opposites.
8. There’s nothing like a juicy burger, fries and glass of rosè to cure a bad day.
9. Experiences > material things.
10. Being single may be fun, but having a partner in life and a best friend by your side always makes life a little sweeter.
11. Living by yourself is a luxury everyone should experience once.
12. Alcohol is not as fun as it once was. *Exhibit A: the 2-day hangovers that now occur after 3 glasses of wine.*
13. Taking care of your skin is important. Bring on the night cream!
14. We’re all doing the best we can. Go easy on yourself.
15. Meditation is hard. But also an amazing habit to pick up.
16. Eat real food.
17. Money doesn’t equal happiness, but managing it properly can help.
18. Sleep = life.
19. Your intuition is your best friend.
20. Grocery shopping is one of my favorite experiences, and one I’m willing to pay more for. Trader Joe’s > Walmart
21. Wanna feel like a hottie? Drink a glass of champagne.
22. Eat more greens; your skin will thank you.
23. Work is just that – work. Don’t let it consume your life.
24. Check in with your friends often. Those relationships won’t maintain themselves.
25. Saying ‘no’ to going out with your friends in exchange for vegging out on the couch with Netflix and Halo Top is a perfectly acceptable Friday night.
26. Gratitude can turn your attitude around. Find something to be grateful for each day.